Virgo is associated with intellectual pursuits such as reading and writing, practical crafts, health, fitness, and nutrition.
Pastimes associated with the sign of Virgo include:
- Certain team sports, such as soccer
- Charity or volunteer work
- Cooking healthy meals and snacks
- Crossword puzzles
- Gardening (tending to food plants such as produce and herbs)
- Most non-team sports, such as tennis, swimming, martial arts, and cycling
- Organizing things
- Practical crafts
- Research/learning new things
- Taking care of domestic pets
- Walking and other forms of solitary exercise
- Writing (usually nonfiction)
Based on Virgo-associated hobbies, gifts for Virgo include:
- Books (especially nonfiction, and particularly those focused on medicine, health, nutrition, anatomy, psychology, or animals)
- Craft supplies (especially those that can be used to make useful or practical things)
- Crossword puzzle books
- Educational DVDs
- Environmentally friendly home-care and bath products
- Flowers (fresh or dried)
- Gift certificates for health food stores and restaurants
- Gym memberships
- Health products
- Healthy foods and drinks that have no artificial flavours or colours
- Herbs (either dried or potted)
- Juicers/food processors
- Metal water bottles
- Natural wooden furniture
- Recipe books
- Sports gear
- Stationary supplies
- Swim passes
- Tools/tool boxes
- Yoga lessons
Virgo Colours, Patterns, and Designs
Colours ruled by Virgo are natural shades such as forest green, navy blue, beige, tan, and soft shades of brown or gray. Virgo is associated with neutral colours rather than bright or neon tones, and monochromatic clothing rather than patterns or designs that would make the fabric look “cluttered.”
Gemstones associated with the sign of the Virgo are malachite, adventurine, sardonyx, peridot (August), and sapphire (September).
Virgo Trees, Plants, Flowers, and Foods
If purchasing plants, seeds, or food, there are certain trees, herbs, and edibles associated with the sign of Virgo. Virgo trees include the hazel (August 5-September 1), vine (September 2-29), and all nut-bearing trees.
Herbs and spices associated with Virgo and Virgo’s ruling planet Mercury include valerian, fennel, sage, marjoram, savory, and fenugreek. Associated foods include carrots, endive, beets, hazel and other nuts, caraway seeds, and cereal grains (barley, oats, rye, and wheat). Flowers include azalea, lily of the valley, myrtle, and morning glory.
The Atypical Virgo
Not all Virgos will conform to the typical Virgo profile. A Virgo whose rising sign is in Aries, for example, will be very different from one who has Pisces rising. A Virgo with Aries rising will likely be less interested in nutrition and practical crafts and more drawn to mechanical things and physical activities, whereas with Pisces rising, interests may focus on artistic, medical, charitable, or spiritual pursuits.
For more on Virgo, see the Virgo Personality Profile. To see personality and marriage profiles for all the sun signs, visit the main Astrology page. To get an astrology chart, see the Astrology Charts page.