Scorpio is associated with a variety of high-intensity pastimes and the intellectual exploration of hidden aspects of the human mind and the world. Scorpio gifts may include anything that offers the opportunity for strategic thinking, deep exploration of a topic, or some degree of physical excitement.
Pastimes associated with the sign of Scorpio include:
- Cave exploration
- Collecting weapons (particularly swords and knives)
- Contact sports such as martial arts or rugby
- Deep sea diving
- Driving/riding motorcycles
- Extreme or dangerous sports such as sky diving
- Financial speculation/investment
- Occult studies (topics such as astrology)
- Puzzles, brain teasers, and other intellectually demanding pursuits
- Reading (especially mystery; crime;espionage; and nonfiction topics such as sexuality, business strategy, and psychology)
Based on Scorpio-associated hobbies, gifts for Scorpio include:
- Athletic gear for a favourite physical pursuit
- Books (especially mystery, crime, espionage, psychology, business and financial strategy, or sexuality)
- Coffee/coffee maker
- Collectible blade weapons such as swords
- Games that involve strategy rather than just luck
- Gift certificates for skydiving, deep sea diving, or other high-risk sports
- Kitchen knife sets
- Occult items such as Tarot cards, runestones, astrology books, etc.
- Surveillance equipment
- Video cameras
Scorpio Colours, Patterns, and Designs
Scorpio is associated with power colours such as jet black, blood red, and maroon. Scorpio designs are nebulous, subtle and intriguing, suggesting mysterious, hidden depths, with soft fading shapes rather than bright, bold geometrics.
Gemstones associated with the sign of the Scorpio include those that come in Scorpio colours such as onyx and hematite, those with powerful associations such as bloodstone and serpentine, and those linked with certain months such as opal (October) and topaz (November).
Scorpio Trees, Plants, Flowers, and Foods
If purchasing plants, seeds, or food, there are certain trees, herbs, and edibles associated with Scorpio. Scorpio trees include the pine, blackthorn, and reed (dwarf elm). Scorpio is also associated with prickly plants such as thistle, briar, cactus, nettles, and broom, and winding or snaking plants such as ivy.
Foods, herbs, and spices associated with the sign of Scorpio are those with a strong flavour and potent effects, such as ginseng, ginger, garlic, radish, horseradish, and leek. Scorpio flowers include rhododendron and chrysanthemum.
The Atypical Scorpio
Not all Scorpios will conform to the typical Scorpio profile. A Scorpio whose rising sign is in Aquarius, for example, will be very different from one who has Libra rising. A Scorpio with Aquarius rising will likely be more interested in technology, gadgets, and offbeat and occult topics, whereas with Libra rising, there is more of an interest in aesthetics, beautification, and mind-body arts.
For more on Scorpio, see the Scorpio Personality Profile. To see personality and marriage profiles for all the sun signs, visit the main Astrology page. To get an astrology chart, see the Astrology Charts page.