Libra is associated with social and aesthetic pursuits, intellectual activities, luxury items, decadent pastimes, and mind-body arts such as yoga and tai chi.
Pastimes associated with the sign of Libra include:
- Attending art shows, concerts, and parties
- Beautifying (self or surroundings)
- Debate or discussion (particularly politics or philosophy)
- Design and decoration (buildings, interiors, or fashions)
- Dispute mediation
- Flower arranging
- Martial arts (usually those that involve elaborate physical sequences)
- Shopping (especially for clothing)
- Tai chi
- Team sports (particularly soccer)
Based on Libra-associated hobbies, gifts for Libra include:
- A night out on the town all expenses paid
- Books (particularly on philosophy, politics, current events, or relationships)
- Clothing storage systems
- Elegant housewares (particularly things that can be used for parties, such as punch bowls, serving bowls, etc.)
- Expensive wine
- Gift certificates for spas, salons, and stores
- Glasses or dishware
- Silk scarves or ties
- Stylish clothing
- Sports gear
- Tickets to concerts and art shows
- Upscale travel packages
- Yoga or tai chi lessons
Libra Colours, Patterns, and Designs
Colours associated with Libra are soothing shades of pale blue, lavender, lilac, and pink. Libra colours, patterns, and designs are subtle and understated rather than loud and abrasive.
Gemstones associated with the sign of the Libra include those that come in Libra colours such as rose quartz, rhodonite, and turquoise stone, as well as those associated with certain months, such as sapphire (September) and opal (October).
Libra Trees, Plants, Flowers, and Foods
If purchasing plants, seeds, or food, there are certain trees, herbs, and edibles associated with Libra. Libra trees include the chestnut, almond, cypress, ash, and vine.
Libra and its ruling planet Venus are also associated with a number of plants and flowers, including the rose, sweetpea, lily, daisy, hydrangea, foxglove, primrose, violet, and ivy. Associated herbs include parsley and mint, and Libra foods include potatoes, apples, chestnuts, walnuts, strawberries, cherries, and artichokes.
The Atypical Libra
Not all Libras will conform to the typical Libra profile. A Libra whose rising sign is in Virgo, for example, will be very different from one who has Sagittarius rising. A Libra with Virgo rising is more likely to prefer solitary intellectual pursuits and be interested in health and nutrition, whereas with Sagittarius rising, there is more of a focus on travel and sociable activities.
A Libra with Gemini or Aquarius rising will probably be drawn to gadgets and technology, while a Libra with Taurus rising is likely to show strong interest in design and gourmet food. Pisces or Leo rising can give Libra a creative flair, whereas with Cancer rising, Libra talents may be focused on the home rather than other environments. Capricorn rising will create an interest in classic or status items, whereas Scorpio rising inclines a Libra toward high-intensity pastimes.
For more on Libra, see the Libra Personality Profile. To see personality and marriage profiles for all the sun signs, visit the main Astrology page. To get an astrology chart, see the Astrology Charts page.