If you’d like to go play in the snow nearby or find a summer hike with great views, there are several local mountains that offer skiing and snowboarding runs, snowshoeing trails, tubing and sledding opportunities, warm-season hiking and biking, and more, including Grouse Mountain, Mount Seymour, and the Cypress Mountain Ski Area.
If you’re willing to drive a little further, you can go to the Whistler Blackcomb Resort, a ski village with plenty of shopping and dining opportunities in addition to skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and warm-season hiking on the Whistler and Blackcomb mountains.
For information on these mountains, see the links below.
- Grouse Mountain
- The Grouse Mountain Activities Guide
- TourismVancouver’s Grouse Mountain Activities Guide
- The Grouse Grind/BCMC Trail
- The Snowshoe Grind
- BC Government’s Mount Seymour Page
- VancouverTrails.com’s Mount Seymour Page
- Mt. Seymour Photos
- Mt. Seymour Three Peaks Hike
Cypress Mountain Ski Area
- CypressMountain.com’s Winter Activities
- VancouverTrails.com’s Hollyburn Mountain Page
- BC Government’s Cypress Page