This page offers articles on training cats and kittens, including litter box training, leash training, scratch post training, reducing feline aggression, preventing cats from eating plants, alternatives to declawing, and more. For insight into why cats do the things they do, see the Cat Psychology, Communication, and Behaviour page.
- How to Stop Cats Urinating or Defecating Outside the Litter Box: Why cats have accidents around the house, and how to stop this behaviour
- Why Cats Scratch Furniture and Carpets: Why cats scratch things, and how to encourage a cat to use a scratch post
- Alternatives to Declawing Cats: If scratch post training fails, don’t declaw – there are plenty of positive alternatives
- Training Cats and Kittens: Information on what you can train cats and kittens to do, and the most effective training methods
- How to Stop Cats from Fighting: Ways to encourage warring cats to get along, and how to prevent conflicts in the first place
- How to Litter Train a Kitten: Tips for teaching your kitten how to use a litter box
- Treating Aggression in Cats: Information on how to reduce aggression in cats, including behavioural training strategies
- How to Help a Clingy Cat Be More Independent: Tips on reducing separation anxiety and building confidence in overdependent cats
- How to Stop Cats Eating or Digging in Plants: Cat-friendly ways to protect your plants
- How to Leash-Train a Cat: Many cats can be taken out for walks with a leash and harness if the right training method is used
- How to Keep Cats off Counters and Furniture: Lists some great, no-work deterrents to break bad habits
- How to Stop a Cat Attacking a Dog: Tips for preventing feline-to-canine aggression
- How to Stop Cats Peeing on Beds: Why cats soil on beds and ways to deal with the problem (assuming that it’s not medical)
For a full list of cat articles, see the main Cats page.