This 120-page e-book provides in-depth answers to many frequently asked questions about cat intelligence, psychology, behaviour, and communication (see the table of contents below for a full list), as well as more than 100 colour photos of cats and kittens. Available in PDF and MS Word formats, The Ultimate Guide to Cat Psychology, Behaviour, and Communication will be e-mailed to you within 24 hours upon receipt of payment. 10% of the proceeds from the sales of this book will be donated to the Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue Association (VOKRA).
About the Author: With degrees in Writing and Education from the University of British Columbia, as well as 20 years’ writing, editing, and research experience, Jennifer Copley has developed a broad base of expertise in the fields of education, business, psychology, health, fitness, nutrition, gardening, and pet care. Jennifer regularly takes in foster kittens, and her articles on cat psychology, care, and training have been featured in various online and print publications.
Table of Contents
- Do Cats Feel Love and Other “Human” Emotions?
- Are Male or Female Cats More Affectionate?
- How Can You Encourage an Aloof Cat to Be More Affectionate?
Chapter 2: Intelligence
- Are Cats Intelligent?
- Which Cat Breeds Are the Most Intelligent?
- Which Are Smarter – Cats or Dogs?
Chapter 3: Anger and Fear
- Why Do Cats Hiss?
- Why Do Cats Gravitate Toward People Who Fear or Dislike Them?
- Why Do Some Cats Attack When Being Petted?
- Why Do Cats Fight?
- How Can You Reduce Aggression in Cats?
- How Can You Reduce Dependence and Separation Anxiety in Clingy Cats?
- Sidebar: Plants and Flowers That Are Safe for Cats
- What Do Various Cat Vocalizations Mean?
- What Is a Cat Saying with Her Body Language?
- Why Do Cats Rub Against Things?
- Do Cats Sulk?
- Why Do Some Cats Howl, Especially at Night?
Chapter 5: Strange Attractions
- Why Do Some Cats Suck on Fabric, Wool, or Hair?
- Why Do Cats Go Crazy for Catnip, Mint, and Valerian?
- Can Cats Become Addicted to Catnip?
- Why Do Some Cats Like Shoes, Socks, or Feet?
- Why Do Some Cats Love Bleach or Chlorine?
- Why Do Some Cats and Kittens Eat Kitty Litter?
- Why Do Some Cats Eat Soap?
- Why Do Some Cats Lick Photographs or Eat Plastic?
Chapter 6: Eating and Drinking
- How Can You Stop a Cat from Eating Inappropriate Items?
- Why Do Cats Eat Grass or Houseplants?
- Why Do Cats Play with Their Prey?
- Why Do Cats Bring Home Live Prey?
- Why Do Cats Prefer Drinking Dirty Water to Fresh Tap Water?
- Why Will a Cat Suddenly Stop Eating?
- Why Do Some Cats Suddenly Develop Voracious Appetites?
- Why Do Some Cats Drink So Much and Pee So Often?
- Why Do Some Cats Play with Water?
- Why Do Some Cats Pull Out Their Fur?
- Why Do Cats Chew on Their Claws?
- Why Do Cats Have Accidents Outside the Litter Box (and How Can You Prevent Them)?
- Why Do Cats Scratch Furniture and Carpets (and How Do You Stop Them from Doing This)?
- Can Declawing Cats Trigger Behaviour Problems?
Chapter 8: Cats and Dogs
- How Should You Introduce a New Dog to Your Cat?
- Which Dog Breeds Get Along Best with Cats?
- Can Cats and Dogs Be Friends?
- Which Cat Breeds Get Along Best with Dogs?
- How Do You Stop a Cat from Attacking a Dog?
- How Do You Stop a Dog from Attacking a Cat?
Chapter 9: Miscellaneous
- Why Do Cats Sometimes Appear to Be Grimacing with Their Mouths Open?
- Why Do Cats Knead or Paddle with Their Paws?
- Why Do Cats Make Chattering Sounds When They See Birds Through a Window?
- Why Do Cats Make Sudden Mad Dashes Around the House?
- Why Does a Tom Cat Bite a Female’s Neck While Mating?
- Why Do Cats Roll on Their Backs to Greet People?
- Will Tom Cats Kill Kittens?
- Does Spaying or Neutering Affect a Cat’s Behaviour and Personality?
- Will Handling Newborn Kittens Cause Their Mother to Reject Them?
- Why Do Mother Cats Move Kittens?
- Do Cats Like Music?
- How Can You Encourage a New Cat and Resident Cat to Get Along?
- Can Indoor Cats Be Happy?